Discover your future as part of the IEEE team!
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
As the Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer, you will use your technical knowledge and experience to lead the operation, maintenance and performance of IEEE cloud environments; reviewing physical architecture designs of software applications to ensure they operate in accordance to availability and performance specifications.
As a member of our dynamic IT Strategy and Enabling Technologies (ITSET) team, you will be afforded the opportunity to broaden your professional horizon by participating in technology-driven innovation, workplace digitalization, mobile presence enablement, enterprise architecture, and technology standardization/rationalization activities.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or engineering field
* 4-7 years of Cloud and system engineering experience
* 4-7 years of general programming and systems administration experience
* Ability to identify and troubleshoot the source of poor application performance at the network, OS and application layers
* Strong Unix system administration skills
* Knowledge of Wily Introscope, Compuware or other monitoring utilities
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to engage in spontaneous brainstorming sessions with technical peers
* Proficient writing and presentation skills
* Ability to understand and interpret technical documents
Submit your resume at:
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.