Ellipsis is the marketing agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers nearly half of all websites, and we serve the WordPress product and service ecosystem.
Our flagship service is Content Growth, our best-in-class done-for-you SEO Content service. We produce ~80 pieces of content per month for clients. All our content aims to achieve a top ranking in Google.
Content Growth drives excellent results for our clients. This is powered by the combination of our robust process and our in-house technology. FALCON AI is our proprietary tech we’ve built to make Content Growth so good. This is all designed and built in-house. FALCON AI was featured in the New York Times last year and is patent pending.
As our new Technical Content Writer, you’ll work on creating content for Content Growth clients. You’ll work across a range of clients, products, and industries to write world-class content. You will be joining as our first technical writer, and will be responsible for any in-house content that requires more working knowledge of technical topics. You will be our go-to person for writing and fact-checking how-to tutorials and developer-level content.
How you’ll work
You’ll work with our content team to create engaging content that supports our clients’ conversion goals. Most of our content is SEO-driven. We’ll provide you with SEO-focused outlines, and need you to turn them into great technical blog content.
The majority of our content work is about WordPress, WooCommerce, and other SaaS topics, so you should have experience with this (developer level). Existing experience writing technical WordPress tutorials is a bonus.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work. You’ll communicate with the team through Basecamp, our project management software, and Google Meet. We’re located in Europe and require 2 hours of overlap with GMT each day.
You’ll be a part of our content team, who will provide you with editorial support, training, and detailed content outlines. You’ll then have “deep work” time to create these articles, to deliver either to Google Docs or straight onto our clients’ WordPress. Published posts will be either bylined or ghostwritten on behalf of the client.
You’ll have opportunities to be involved across the content process, but your primary work will be writing technical outlines and articles, and you’ll need to be happy writing content at a high volume of five posts per week.
The content we produce is typically a mix of:
- WordPress and WooCommerce plugin tutorials (developer or non-developer level)
- Developer-level content on topics including SaaS, hosting, and coding languages
- Listicles such as top 10 WordPress plugin lists
- SEO-focused edits to existing content
Requirements: hard skills
- 2-4 years technical writing, either on a team or freelance
- Ideally previous experience in software development, or a thorough understanding of development and technical concepts
- Excellent writing, grammar, and attention to detail
- Ability to take complex, technical topics and turn it into compelling, user-friendly content
- Working SEO knowledge
- Knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce
Requirements: soft skills
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily.
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with members of the team on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time, 100% remote role. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience.
- £30-34k/year salary, depending on experience
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~1 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2023
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least three interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply 🙂
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we look forward to receiving your application!
How to apply
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you!
Taking the time to research the role, (including what we do, including recent blog posts, Content Growth, and FALCON AI), and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities.
We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we’re proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed!
– The Ellipsis team