Full time salary of $115,000 to $130,000, depending on experience.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to determine vulnerability type, impact, severity, and more. Prioritize response based on this data.
- Review source code changes in WordPress based software to identify common vulnerabilities that may have been patched.
- Perform responsible disclosure for vulnerabilities discovered by themself or reported to the Wordfence Threat Intelligence team.
- Develop proofs of concept, programmatically or conceptually, to test the exploitability of vulnerabilities.
- Replicating exploitation of a vulnerability in a test environment.
- Manage database of known WordPress vulnerabilities and continue to populate new records based on incoming vulnerability feeds.
- Perform WordPress vulnerability research to uncover new vulnerabilities when not handling other responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Technical experience with WordPress.
- Experience with security research and writing vulnerability reports.
- Experience with responsible vulnerability disclosure.
- Experience generating/modifying HTTP requests.
- Experience working with BURP suite, or similar software, and a PHP debugger.
- Familiarity with the CVE Program and CVE IDs.
- Certifications, or desire to obtain certifications, are always a bonus (OSWE, eWPTx, PenTest+, Security+, eWPT, GWAPT, etc..)
- Experience formulating CVSS scores and identifying CWEs for vulnerability types.
- Experience programmatically interacting with REST APIs.
- Experience with writing and/or testing Web Application Firewall rules, or familiarity with functionality of access control lists.
- Comfortable with diff’ing and searching files using command line tools.
- Basic understanding of WordPress hooks and how they are used.
- Experience working with REGEX.
- Experience with requesting CVE IDs for vulnerabilities is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn and think outside of the box.
- Familiarity with applicable OWASP vulnerabilities and their basic operation.
- Comfortable with reading and reviewing PHP code and identifying common vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with common WordPress related vulnerabilities – both generic and WordPress specific related coding flaws.
- Comfortable writing simple scripts and automations.
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries.
- Please fill in the form provided in this application. The hiring team will look at this first. The way you answer our form will determine if your application moves to the next step. Please note that we read every answer and this form is a critical part of our hiring process.
- Candidates who appear to have the right skills from the initial application will be sent a more detailed Assessment Test to further assess skills.
- Participate in a series of phone interviews. We are respectful of your time, and keep the number of interviews you will need to attend to a minimum. This is usually two or three interviews.
- All contracts and offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract or employment with the company.
- Join our fast-paced team and start testing our products and and helping release software to over 4 million customers! All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- 11 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition and Student Loan reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant