Paymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale.
What you get to do:
As a Senior React Engineerat Paymentology you will be working in the Engineering team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web and mobile that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid and credit cards all over the world.
This position requires the ability to develop high-quality and resilient solutions to meet the rapidly evolving needs of an issuer processor serving an internationally expanding customer base and to communicate effectively at all levels, from providing the right level of details in status updates on your work to explaining technical trade-offs, technical complexities, and design options so Paymentology can make informed decisions.
- Solid understanding of common programming paradigms and fundamental React principles,
- such as React components, hooks, and the React lifecycle.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Good knowledge of CSS, SASS, Flexbox and CSS Reset
- Experience creating responsive frontend solutions consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Experience in TDD, writing testable code and unit/integrations tests
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git
What it takes to succeed:
- Knowledge of data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of Reactive programming (RxJS or Websocket)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environments and
- tools like Circle CI, Github Action, Gitlab Pipelines, AWS Deployment Pipelines
- Experience with Infrastructure as code languages, like Terraform for AWS or Azure.
- Clear and responsive communication
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, appropriate judgment and decision-making skill
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Proven ability to effectively manage timelines and deliverables
- Meeting deadlines and strong attention to detail
- You are a self-started, motivated team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
About the role:
- Help deliver an industry leading user experience for our customer portals.
- Ship small to medium sized features, components and improvements with minimal guidance
- from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger initiatives.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Backend Engineers and other stakeholders to
- maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to build a set of coding standards for front-end
- development. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Mentoring, knowledge transfer, supporting and upskilling other engineers
- Responding to and troubleshooting production issues and continuously learning from them, so we can build better and more reliable software for the future
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate.
You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.