The Sales Development Representative’s responsibilities include generating potential leads, soliciting potential customers, facilitating sales, and connecting customers with the right salesperson.
To be a successful Sales Development Representative, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. You should also demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and have a strong sales aptitude.
Sales Development Representative Responsibilities:
- Developing sales strategies to draw in potential buyers or to solicit new potential customers.
- Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling or responding to inquiries generated from advertisements.
- Creating relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales.
- Presenting product information to customers once you have identified their needs.
- Moving solid leads through the marketing funnel, connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging in-person meetings, emails, or phone calls.
- Following-up with potential customers who expressed interest but did not purchase any goods or services.
- Performing regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitating communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs.
- Collaborating with sales executives to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met.
Sales Development Representative Requirements:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamworking, and customer service skills.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Good telephone etiquette and computer literacy skills.
Benefits of this position are:
- Flexible hours (within reason)
- Pre-booked inbound sales appointments
- Competitive on-track earnings with bonuses