We are a globally distributed team that spans many time zones. In this role you’ll be supporting a team based primarily in Europe; however, you’ll be expected to collaborate with colleagues in North America. This means some late-evening (7 pm CET) or early-morning (7AM PST) meetings a few times per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Review functional and design specifications before they go into implementation to point out possible problems
- Write and maintain test cases
- Test new features and releases- doing both exploratory and scripted testing
- Contribute to our automation and CI pipeline
- Maintain and contribute to our documentation
- Figure out ways how to improve our test strategy
- Own and lead all QA processes in the team
- Advocate for quality in all steps of the product development cycle.
- At least 3 years of experience working as a QA engineer in software development
- Experience owning QA processes in a team
- Solid understanding of QA processes, approaches, methodologies and software development lifecycle
- Basic knowledge of Selenium or other automation frameworks
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience working remotely
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience testing browser extensions
- Experience collaborating remotely using asynchronous communication methods in a distributed team
- Experience testing mobile apps and/or native Windows and macOS apps
- Experience with automated testing for mobile apps, in-app payments, account management systems
- Familiarity with Selenium Webdriver or webdriverIO
- Experience working in a start-up and/or in a cross-functional team
Why You’ll Love Our Team:
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live, so you can live wherever you like.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage*, 401K matching*, 14 weeks of paid parental leave, and more.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. We meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We encourage our employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy by offering at least 28 days of paid leave.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a setup of your choice, based on what you need to work effectively
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available in the U.S.
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Adblock, Inc. to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.