You will be part of a team deploying state-of-the-art deep-tech models into production. This position is ideal for a server-side developer with relevant experience in real-time streaming. As is the trend with ML, the tools, architectures, and solutions change quickly – you will be expected to learn and adapt.
Viva is building an AI tool that helps people read, write, and speak better across English, Spanish, and Portuguese. If you share our vision for a borderless future and are a motivated builder, idealist, and explorer, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Design & build infrastructure to deploy machine learning models at scale
- Develop & deploy scalable tools to handle machine learning training and inference
- Identify & evaluate new technologies to improve performance, maintainability, and reliability
- Apply software engineering practices to machine learning, including CI/CD, automation etc.
- Improve dynamic scaling for GPU clusters
- Run profilers on production code
- Our ML tech stack includes Python/Django, AWS, CI/CD, Terraform, BERT, Spacey
Must-have skills ?
- 2-5 years of experience building end-to-end systems as a Platform Engineer or MLOps Engineer
- Strong software engineering skills in complex, multi-language systems
- Experience working with cloud computing and database systems
- Experience building custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs
- Experience developing and maintaining ML systems built with open-source tools
- Familiarity with one or more data-oriented workflow orchestration frameworks (KubeFlow, Argo, etc.)
- Exposure to deep learning approaches and modeling frameworks (e.g., PyTorch)
- 2+ years of experience building production-scale software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Nice to haves ?
- Hands-on experience with real-time audio streaming on large-scale deployments
- Experience with AWS Lambdas
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent professional experience
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
Our values ?
- Continuous growth – we take pride in setting new standards and taking ownership in our work
- Data-driven – Decisions made together based on data and logic
- Open integrity – we promote a low ego environment that treasures transparency, empathy, and feedback
- Play – we champion diversity and creativity, and want everyone not be afraid to fail & fail quickly
What we offer ✨
- Fully remote team ?
- 3+ in-person retreats (past locations include Mexico, Colombia & Ecuador) annually
- Join an early-stage startup (12 people & growing ?)
- Home office stipend
- Health & fitness benefits
- Learning stipend – we are here to support your personal & professional development journey