Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
What you’ll be doing
Oddball is hiring an experienced Engineering Manager to lead, shape, and grow one of our largest engineering teams. In this role, the Engineering Manager will lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, product managers, and others to drive and deliver high-quality products to our federal partners. This Engineering Manager will mentor, guide, and mold our team drawing on their experience delivering and creating quality products. This is not a hands on engineering role, this is a high level people and architectural focused position.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years experience leading large, multi-disciplinary teams of engineers, designers, and delivery focused members
- 10+ years experience in programming, architecture, systems analysis and project management
- 7+ years experience architecting high-level solutions that are valuable and used across multiple programs/products
- Experience working on projects with big data problems (ETL pipelines, Data Warehouses)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution.
- Experience in an agile/scrum methodology environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills directed at both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree, or equivalent industry experience
This is a salaried role. Oddball does offer tech and a continuing education stipend.
Must be located in the US.This role may be required to obtain a low level government clearance.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.