Order Desk is a multi-channel order management app that helps ecommerce merchants automate, organize, and control their order fulfillment process. Our customers include new and established merchants in ecommerce, fulfillment companies managing stores for their clients, and internationally-recognized people and brands—to name a few.
- We view customer support as essential to making a good product. The problems and questions our customers bring to us are what create the foundation of every project we work on, so we are all involved in support in some way. This allows everyone in our company to be in tune with our customers and knowledgeable about our product and the way it’s being used.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We are serious about everyone on our team feeling safe, comfortable, heard, and valued at work.
- We are self-funded. We are committed to growing responsibly and working creatively within the constraints of our own progress. Our goal is to make a useful, accessible product based on the needs of our customers, not the demands of investors.
- We believe that remote work is the future. Being a remote company offers us the ability to connect to a team of people from all around the world. We also understand that each person has their own unique approach to their workflow and we trust our employees to manage their own time within their set working hours while keeping in mind that Support does include time-sensitive work.
- We believe in quality, not quantity. We don’t use metrics or KPIs to measure the success of our teams. While productivity and response times are important, providing stellar support and empathy to our customers is the priority.
- We are generous. We teach and learn from each other on a daily basis. Decisions are often made collectively based on the wisdom and experience we each bring to the conversation
About the Role
- This is a full-time customer support position. We primarily communicate with our customers through email.
- This isn’t your typical support role. Order Desk is a technically robust and highly customizable app where gaining proficiency takes time. Our approach to support takes experimentation and thinking outside the box as each customer we talk to has a unique problem to solve. A normal support ticket here is equivalent to an escalations ticket at another company, so if you love a challenge and you’re inherently curious to know more, this is the job for you.
- Order Desk is committed to breaking structural barriers within our hiring progress and driving fair hiring practices in our workplace. Women and underrepresented minorities (URMs) continue to be underrepresented within our industry. Research has shown women and people of color disproportionately do not apply for jobs where they do not meet 100% of the “requirements.”Regardless of whether or not you identify as one of these groups, if you meet most of the requirements and this role aligns with your career goals, then we encourage you to bet on yourself and apply!
- You love to read and your analytical and written skills are top-notch.
- Obstacles are not roadblocks to you; they are challenges to be figured out. You’re a problem solver who likes to find solutions rather than wait to be told what to do.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, are comfortable admitting your own limitations, and see your gaps in knowledge as opportunities to grow and not flaws.
- You’re comfortable finding your way around a new software program.
- You’re someone who can be self-directed and thrive in a remote environment.
- You appreciate the balance between fun and professionalism.
- You’re collaborative and thrive on sharing your thoughts, ideas, and problem-solving strategies with a diverse team.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in technical customer support. Bonus points if you’ve already worked in SaaS and/or a remote role!
- A minimum of 2 years email support and/or creative writing experience.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting complex software issues.
- Experience with research, data collection and analysis.
- The ability to concisely explain technical concepts in a non-technical way and a passion for meeting customers where they are in their tech knowledge.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- The ability to work during Pacific Standard Time (US) hours, regardless of your physical location.
- Experience troubleshooting APIs, JSON, and utilizing application log analysis.
- Sound knowledge of key data flow/transfer protocols such as SFTP and FTP.
- Experience with rule-based automation.
- Application Questions
- Follow-Up Questions
- Skills Test
- Video Response
We have two anticipated start dates:
- Monday, March 27th, and Tuesday, May 30th.