Make Tech Easier (MTE) is hiring freelance writers with a passion for technology.
- Expertise in at least one of the following platforms: Linux, Windows, macOS
- If applying for Windows: Must have routine access to both Windows 10 and Windows 11
- If applying for macOS: Access to iOS and iPad OS an asset
- Experience with WordPress (Gutenberg Block Editor) or ability to learn quickly
- Fluent English writing
What you'll do:
- Routinely come up with your own article ideas (100% during probation, ca. 50% after)
- Submit two to three new articles per week and revisions within one to two business days
- Take your own screenshots, source images, and format them per our guidelines
What we offer:
- A streamlined onboarding process with basic WordPress training
- Feedback and training from at least two editors
- Your own bylines (except for updates)
- Timely payments through PayPal, Wise, or wire transfer.
- After probation:
- write for secondary categories like Android, Internet, or How Things Work
- editors will pitch you updates based on your expertise
- access to a pool of ideas that pay bonuses
This is a remote / work-from-home opportunity, so you can be based anywhere in the world.
Pay is around 7+ cents per word. Note that MTE pays per article, not per word. Specific rates will be made available to potential candidates when we decide to take their application forward. Our rates are superior to other consumer tech sites, including bigger ones.
Interested? Please use this application form.
I will not respond to DMs. If you have a question, please comment below. Thank you!