Zabble is looking for an iOS Developer, who likes working at early stage startups and can help us elevate our users’ experience on our platform. Sound like your kind of challenge?
*** Applicants should reside in California ***
*** Due to U.S. government grant restrictions, applicants must also currently be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents ***
You love working in an early stage startup environment on cutting-edge technology. You are a self-starter who thinks from the user’s standpoint, from design and requirements gathering to performance improvements. You work well with team members in a remote capacity. You are a go-getter who loves to get their hands dirty and can get things done without much help. You take initiative to streamline processes, identify bottlenecks and promptly respond to critical issues. You like being organized with your documentation and code and maintain a high standard for quality.
In addition you also have the following qualifications,
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a full-time employee developing production-grade iOS applications
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a full-time employee working with AWS
- Eligible to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablets.
Your primary focus will be development and maintenance of AI-based iOS applications and their integration with back-end services in AWS. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Proficient with Swift, Cocoa Pods and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as CoreML, Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Strong Knowledge in AWS iOS SDK for Cognito, S3, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Amplify, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to AWS back-end services
- Basic knowledge of charts, plots and analytical tools for iOS
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Strong technical documentation and written/verbal communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have experience with Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
Extra bonus points for previous working experience in Agile software development and sprint management.
- Compensation between $40 and $60 per hour depending on experience, for at least 20 hours a week
- This is a remote position
- Candidate must be a resident of California
- This is a contract role with opportunity to convert to full-time within 60 days with benefits such as stock options, health insurance, unlimited vacation and sick days
- Due to U.S. government grant restrictions, applicants must currently be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents
Waste is a sign of inefficiency. According to McKinsey, $2.6T worth of materials are generated every year only to be disposed of with very little or no use. Today commercial buildings operated by corporations, hospitals, universities, etc. are responsible for 40% of all waste going to landfills, but have no way to track, manage and measure waste stream contamination, hauling bills and invoices, or how they are doing against their Zero Waste Goals. This industry is ripe for disruption.
Zabble Zero is the world’s only patented end-to-end solution for waste monitoring providing real-time actionable insights with AI. Recently, Zabble was recognized as one of the top 5 startups advancing the circular economy with AI, and has been awarded a research grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Leading institutions like UCSF use Zabble to achieve their sustainability goals and reduce waste, save money and protect the environment. Join this growing pre-seed stage company backed by Impact Angel Investors and help us achieve a Zero Waste World together.
We’re a nimble, distributed team, stacked with passionate experts who are committed to a vision of a sustainable future.
And we’re looking for like-minded people to join us.