Cirrus Insight is Hiring a Director of Engineering
Who we are
Founded in 2011, Cirrus Insight is a sales acceleration platform that allows salespeople to quickly work and close deals by working directly in their preferred email client. We’re one of the most recognized brands in the Salesforce ecosystem, having been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for three consecutive years. Our culture is focused on customer success, employee growth, and equity for all our stakeholders.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for leading all operations related to engineering deliverables. As a member of the leadership team, you will ensure software development and people operations are efficient, effective, and aligned to the company vision. This position requires experience with a broad range of technologies and understanding of how technology choices impact business outcomes. We are looking for a strategic and analytical thinker, who is process-oriented and organized, a creative problem solver, a decision-maker, and a hands-on leader.
The Director will oversee the execution of the software delivery lifecycle while managing engineers and interfacing with key leadership and stakeholders to ensure alignment of people, processes, and deliverables. The Director of Engineering will lead the daily operations of the department and will be responsible for the delivery of new features on existing and new products as well as ensuring processes and metrics are in place to measure and ensure the quality of all software deliverables.
This Director of Engineering will be responsible for managing, forecasting, and ensuring adherence to the Engineering departments operational budget. This role will be responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring individual team members.
This position will be a part of the management team reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Facilitate the translation of strategic plans, goals, and the product roadmaps into executable projects within schedule and budget constraints (resolve priorities, schedule, and budget tradeoffs as needed).
- Plan, propose, and forecast on skills and bandwidth required to deliver on roadmap goals and milestones.
- Plan and work with Program Managers to lead all project planning and Engineering activities within the organization.
- Communicate corporate strategy, product roadmaps, and business priorities to the Engineering organization.
- Create, maintain, champion, and deliver Engineering goals that align with company strategy.
- Ensure all Engineering initiatives and processes conform to the company’s established policies and objectives.
Staff Development & Management
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities for Program Management, Development, and Quality Assurance staff.
- Define and support career development for Engineering staff.
- Identify professional development and training for Engineering and Program Management.
- Resolve resource contention by prioritizing staff/workload as needed to be consistent with company goals.
- Develop and Manage Engineering budgets.
- Identify and justify Engineering/PM staffing needs.
- Lead the processes to identify and screen potential candidates/new hires.
- Ensure delivery of all program plan milestones.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining budgets for Engineering execution.
- Provide direction and leadership to Engineering team to facilitate timely project execution, project cost control, and customer satisfaction.
- Align staff capabilities, workflow, and staffing levels to be consistent with the company strategic direction.
- Identify and remove impediments to velocity and innovation for all levels of Engineering staff.
- 5+ years of experience of senior development experience and leading development teams
- 3+ years of direct Management Experience
- Deep understanding of web technologies
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- Knowledge of Agile development strategies and experience using iterative development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience managing the full product development life cycle
- Strong blend of analytical, decision-making, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal with candidates and employees at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Vision to develop and lead staff
- Experience recruiting and hiring software and quality assurance engineers
- Experience in a software-as-a-service organization
- Experience with Salesforce.com and sales operations
- Experience with SOC 1, SOC 2, and ISO 27001
- Experience with GDPR, SCC, and CCPA