There has never been a more critical time to work on climate change. Both the public will and the urgent need for intersectional climate action that centers on equity are high. And we now know that we can only reach our climate goals after immediately winding down the methane gas system. We seek talented, committed, and justice-oriented individuals to seize this opportunity to work for change.
To meet this moment and fill a gap within the climate fight, Gas Leaks is hiring its first digital communications staff to continue to build a growing team. The ideal candidates won’t be afraid to jump into our fast-moving, creative campaigns and explore communications tools and tactics to further our organizational messaging and objectives. Gas Leaks has ambitious goals and is seeking a proactive, creative team player to advance its work to raise awareness about the climate, health, and safety impacts of methane gas.
Digital Manager Role
Gas Leaks seeks a digital manager who is social media savvy, data-driven, and a strategic thinker interested in working on climate change issues. This position will manage and write for our various online channels, create innovative content, develop relationships with partners and influencers, and stay on top of the latest social media trends and critical climate and gas-related news.
This person will have a strong interest in all things digital and social media. They will have a proven ability to build a dynamic social media presence, deepen online relationships with influencers and partners, and integrate social media strategies into broader digital campaigns.
1. Manage and curate Gas Leaks’ website and social media channels, including, but not limited to: Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, ensuring brand consistency and tone of voice
2. Actively write and develop a high standard of copy and create content for Gas Leaks’ organic and paid social, using the latest social media creative best practices, with engaging imagery, written, and video
3. Shape and contribute to Gas Leaks’ digital strategy and overall brand
4. Create and disseminate social packs, blogs for campaigns, and other opportunistic media communication in a timely fashion
5. Quickly mobilize around rapid response moments with creative strategies and content
6. Distill complex topics into easily digestible content for a general audience
7. Ensure all project deliverables are created and published on time within the stipulated scope and liaise with internal teams and external parties for the flawless execution of projects
8. Create and implement organic social media strategies to build Gas Leaks’ following with key influencers and communities
9. Support Gas Leaks’ paid media campaigns with strategic insights and the ability to interpret and translate data that drive impact and performance. Execute paid promotions and/or work with digital vendors on these campaigns
10. Provide support with SEO optimization, website updates, UX monitoring, email marketing, implementation, and more
11. Create and maintain comprehensive project management and documentation
12. Manage and oversee digital staff and outside vendors to ensure timely deliverables of the highest quality and ensure alignment of digital creative, brand, and strategy
13.Perform other duties as assigned
1. At least 2-4 years experience in relevant digital/social media/project management
2. Demonstrated experience managing a variety of social media channels and in-depth knowledge of how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
3. Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, especially for an online audience
4. Knowledge of social media best practices and trends, including content calendar creation, UTM tracking, and KPIs
5. Proficient with social scheduling, monitoring, web, CRM, analytic, and listening tools
6. A demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity and experience or desire to integrate and apply a racial justice lens to campaign strategies in a way that centers historically marginalized and disproportionately impacted communities in campaign communications priorities
7. Strong communication skills, including verbal, briefs, and presentation
8. Must have excellent digital organizational skills and file asset management
1. Experience with A/B testing and familiarity with social media paid advertising
2. The ability to collaborate in project management (PMI) principles and processes of solution delivery.
3. Experience with climate or environmental issues
4. Fluency in verbal and written Spanish
5. Working knowledge with design and video tools, such as Wochit, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, and Premiere is a plus
1. A team player who is willing to be a part of an agile team, learn new things, experiment, and jump in whenever necessary
2. Ability to clearly present design ideas and concepts, problem solve, work independently, be detail-oriented, and manage and prioritize many tasks at once in a fast-paced environment
3. Mission-oriented and culturally competent with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
4. Proactive and passionate; excited to help create something meaningful
5. Entrepreneurial and creative; able to promote and empathetically connect the mission while also measuring and analyzing the performance of content and messages
Gas Leaks is a project of Climate Nexus, a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States. Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences to apply, especially people from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the energy, climate, and environmental sectors.
Benefits: Salary is $75,000-90,000. Climate Nexus offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, personal and sick leave; standard health, dental, and vision packages; generous employer contributions to 401k retirement accounts; parental leave.
How to Apply: Interviews will begin the week of Feb 20. This position is open until filled. Candidate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Those interested in the position should apply as soon as possible.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Digital Manager, Gas Leaks” in the subject line.