Who we Are
Founded in 2011, Cirrus Insight is a sales acceleration platform that allows salespeople to quickly work and close deals by working directly in their preferred email client. We’re one of the most recognized brands in the Salesforce ecosystem, having been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for three consecutive years. Our culture is focused on customer success, employee growth, and equity for all our stakeholders.
The Database Architect will be responsible for development, management, and administration of SQL and NoSQL database systems. Identifying strategies for managing growth of data over time, security of data based on various industry standards, and ensuring manageable upgrade paths will be key to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have a passion for managing large data sets, optimizing data pipelines, and positioning an organization to move into the ML and AI space.
The Database Architect will be responsible for either leading or reviewing all database designs and changes. We have multiple databases currently in use, and one of the primary goals will be reducing the data source types with the goal of reducing ownership and maintenance costs.
This position reports to the CTO, will be part of the Architecture team, and will work directly across departments with Product, Architecture, Engineers, QA, and other necessary stakeholders. The Database Architect will be responsible for setting database standards and coaching staff to follow and adhere to them.
- Participate in the formation of the overall corporate data strategy relating to both transactional and analytic data processing.
- Anticipate business needs and proactively integrate data to enable stakeholders to make data-driven decisions.
- Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data, set standards for data management, analyze current state and conceive desired future state, and conceive projects needed to close the gap between current and future state.
- Define 3rd party application integration approach both from application and data perspective.
- Provide a standard common business vocabulary, express strategic data requirements, outline high level integrated designs to meet these requirements, and align with enterprise strategy and related business architectures.
- Establish best practices for naming, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, transforming, moving, storing, and searching all data.
- Set data architecture principles and create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture.
- Provide oversight of all data related architectures.
- Work on large-scale Big Data projects.
- Create diagrams showing key data entities, and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
- Interact with internal and external resources to understand data requirements, source location, transformation requirements, calculations, etc.
- Hands on lead for data consolidation and syndication (from various source systems including internal databases,
- Cloud based data stores, and third-party API/Web Service calls, in batch, near real-time, and real-time).
- Participate in architecture reviews of applications as part of the project lifecycle. Ensure that data governance processes are established and integrated in existing systems as well as in the formation of new and revised systems.
- Collaborate with integration development lead on 3rd party application integrations.
- Manage own learning and contribute to technical skill building of the team.
- Define and establish a data governance process to include enterprise data governance and data conformance to govern policies required to ensure data integrity.
- Establish a process for the use of data architecture frameworks to include business data management, business intelligence, data quality, and data usage.
Auditing & Reporting
- Own, represent, and communicate data volumes, response times, and concerns.
- Define and analyze metrics and industry trends that inform the success of products.
- Provide effective written and verbal updates on the data strategy and key outcomes to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- 8+ years of experience in data architecture (relational and dimensional data modeling, with heavy emphasis on providing data for analytics).
- Experience with ETL data transforms, design and structures.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Hands-on experience architecting complex solutions with Azure Data Services, Data Lakes, Databricks, Data
- Factory, Data Pipelines, and related understanding of data ingestion, movement, and transformation across Azure Cloud services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of Azure-based tools and services that support data storage, e.g. Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Blob and Structured and Non-Structured Storage.
- Hands-on Infrastructure as Code experience.
- Programming experience in .NET, C#, and Python.
- Handling of data ingress and egress from the cloud (Azure, AWS).
- Estimating data related infrastructure costs, and identifying associated cost-control mechanisms.
- Experience with high volume, multi-tenant database architectures.
- Experience extracting/writing data through API calls and web services.
- Strong SQL skill.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SOC II
- Experience with PII / GDPR