Discover your future as part of the IEEE team!
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
We will look to you to deploy and support IEEE cloud environments, mostly on Amazon Web Services (AWS), relying on your expertise to ensure that cloud systems operate successfully according to availability and performance specifications. You must also be able to support a hybrid deployment model.
As a member of our dynamic IT Strategy and Enabling Technologies (ITSET) team, you will be afforded the opportunity to broaden your professional horizon by participating in technology-driven innovation, workplace digitalization, mobile presence enablement, enterprise architecture, and technology standardization/rationalization activities.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect
* Up to 2 years of recent experience (in academic and/or industry environments) deploying and managing systems on AWS and/or cloud systems administration
* System administration experience with Red Hat Linux, Amazon Linux and Windows Server preferred
* Technical understanding of cloud technologies in system administration, automation, networking and security
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve system availability and performance issues
* Ability to follow IT governance and processes
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to remain professional while dealing with business challenges
Submit your resume at:
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.